Cornerstone Presbyterian Church Volunteer Clearances
In accordance with the new Pennsylvania State laws all prospective volunteers must obtain the following clearances (background checks):
Click Here to download a helpful checklist of all necessary documents
Pennsylvania State Police Search
- To obtain your Pennsylvania State Police Search:
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Click on New Record Check
- You will be able to print our results immediately
Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry Search
- To obtain your Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry Search:
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click on Create Individual Account
- Follow instructions
- You will receive an email with results in about one week
The state of Pennsylvania requires a FBI clearance (fingerprinting) if the volunteer:
- Currently resides outside of Pennsylvania
- Currently resides in Pennsylvania, but has lived outside of Pennsylvania within the last 10 yearsIf you have lived in Pennsylvania for the last 10 consecutive years, you are required fill out our Fingerprint Exception Form instead of obtaining an FBI clearance.
- Click to download the form – PA Residency Affidavit
- To obtain FBI Clearance please contact Danica Jarrell in the church office for directions.
According to state law, each volunteer is required to submit a copy of his or her PA Child Abuse Clearance, his or her Criminal Background Check, and either his or her FBI fingerprint clearance or Fingerprint Exception Form to the church. Please submit the forms to an administrative assistant. These forms will be stored on site in a secure place.
Additionally, all volunteers are asked to read and abide by Cornerstone’s Child Care Safety and Security Policy. Click Here to view Cornerstone’s policy.
Click Here to download the Statement of Acknowledgement and Agreement